NANO AntiVirus is a newcomer on the market of security software, but registered high levels of popularity in a very short amount of time. This merit is attributed to its real-time filters that protect the system actively, as well as to its high scanning speed.
Although lacking the renown that other antivirus products benefit from, NANO AntiVirus offers a myriad of features similar to the one sported by the most appreciated security applications. An intuitive design, up-to-date protection and an active monitor for the web are the highlights that brought it to public attention.
The user-friendly interface delivers access to all of its modules, allowing you to perform complete scans of the system in order to locate malware. The Express scan mode requires a shorter amount of time and deals with boot sectors, the memory and the registry, while the Media Test is able to scan floppy discs, CD / DVD drives, as well as removable USB and media devices.
The System Guard component actively keeps tab on file and web activity, blocking everything that seems suspicious and moving it to the quarantine. A detailed activity of the antivirus engine can be located inside the Event Log.
The general behavior of NANO AntiVirus can be tailored to meet your requirements from within the Settings section. Here, you can customize restriction rules, quarantine options, network connections, as well as trusted objects and the appearance of the application.
As a side note, it is highly recommended that you perform a database update regularly in order to protect your computer from the latest discovered threats.
All in all, NANO AntiVirus makes a good impression, although it has a long way until it can be considered serious competition for the big sharks in this industry. Seeing as many antivirus solution have reconsidered their approach and moved to the cloud, it’s time for NANO AntiVirus to do the same.
- Protection of your computer from any type of viruses, trojans and worms including their encrypted and polymorphous variations.
- Real-time protection of your system, that guarantees the safety of your information during your work time.
- Extended support of compacted files that allows to find malwares in various types of archives.
- NANO AntiVirus provides high speed scan by using of advanced technology.
- Detection of new types of malware through system behavior analysis.
- Timely update of the virus database to protect your computer from new viruses and malware.
- 1,2 GHz processor or higher (2 GHz and higher is recommended).
- 512 Mb of RAM for Windows XP (1 Gb and higher is recommended) / 1 Gb of RAM for Windows 7 and Windows 8 (2 Gb and higher is recommended)
- New in the version:
- There is a new additional scan mode of removable media: “Quick scan” – express-test the most vulnerable areas on removable media.
- Enhancements and changes:
- Fixed an issue with uninstalling NANO Antivirus, occurring after upgrade NANO Antivirus to version 0.26 from version 0.24 and earlier.
- Improved web traffic scanning mechanism using the new technologies provided by Windows 8. In particular, due to this is solved compatibility issues with some applications (eg, AdGuard), and also allowed in some cases to reduce memory consumption when using NANO Antivirus Web guard.
- A large number of improvements in the file monitor, allowed to increase the scan speed, improve interaction mechanisms with a number of programs and to eliminate some previously having problems when working in a local network, etc.
- Improvements to the graphical user interface.
- Improved clean-up after updating to remove old update files. This reduces occupied by NANO Antivirus disk space.