Standard Codecs for Windows 7 and 8 will offer ability to watch movies and clips without downloading or installing separate codec for every video file format.
The following filetypes are enabled and SUPPORTED by the installation of the Windows 8 Codecs: amr | mpc | ofr | divx | mka | ape | flac | evo | flv | m4b | mkv | ogg | ogv | ogm | rmvb | xvid. All of the above filetypes can be queued to the Windows Media Player Playlist using a right-click.
Standard Codecs Features:
- Full color thumbnails including FLV’s and 10bit MKV’s (also allows users to select at what point by percentage to grab the thumbnail)
- Enable the Preview Pane for ALL newly enabled filetypes such as MKV and FLV.
- Explorer properties are displayed for non native filetypes such as MKV and FLV
- Updated often – and has update notification builtin
- Allow use of the PDVD12 decoders for 32bit LiveTV
- Supports the use of Xbox360 as Extenders to playback MKV files
- Allows singleclick setup of Bitstreamed Audio
- Support playback of MOD audio files and M4A files containing ALAC
- Supports playlist creation for use in Media Center
- Allow users to Enable/Disable codecs installed on their system
- Funtionality such as Win7DSFilterTweaker builtin.
- Support ‘Add to Windows Media Player List’ using rightclick on all files such as MKV.
Note: Formerly known as Windows 8 Codecs. In the STANDARD release, there is no Haali, FFDshow or Gabest filters. PLEASE UNINSTALL you old version before installing a newer release.